The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of concept art visuals ranging from thumbnail sketches to highly finished promotional artwork.
- Produce rough through to final artwork for all aspects of our 2D pipeline.
- Create and design game environments, backgrounds, props, characters and game themes.
- Research and incorporate visual reference into their work.
- To contribute ideas and solutions to specific game requirements based on that research.
- Should be able to contribute ideas and solutions to specific game requirements based on previous research.
The Concept Artist will design and create 2D illustrations for characters and environments. They will help develop the game look, feel, and overall visual identity of the game. The Concept Artist will also create final in-game art based on their original concept designs. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of concept art visuals ranging from thumbnail sketches to highly finished in-game art as well as promotional artwork.
- Solid grasp of color & value.
- Excellent understanding of design concepts.
- Experience of the art asset creation process.
- Ability to communicate visually.
- Strong communication skills. .
- Strong digital illustration and painting skills using Adobe Photoshop.
- Self-motivated and driven while maintaining a positive demeanor.
- Ability to identify and define visual design issues and solutions.
- Ability to create drawn or painted images which illustrate the look, feel, . design, and palette of the game / subject matter.
- To assist in the training and good practices of the 2D art department where possible.
- To be open and available for training and skills development themselves.
- To be a keen artist / photographer/ sculptor/ reader in their own time.
- Good attitude, enthusiastic, open to criticism, team player, good under pressure.
- Keen to learn and adapt to new technologies and techniques.
- Responsible, mature and dependable.
- Requires little supervision.