- Its an open soruce game framework.
- The Cocos2d-x renderer is optimized for 2D graphics with OpenGL.
- It supports skeletal animation, sprite sheet animation, coordinate systems, effects, multi-resolution devices, textures, transitions, tile maps, and particles. It adopts a RenderQueue design.
- Cocos2d-x allows developers to focus on building cutting-edge games while it takes care of the heavy lifting on the back-end.
- Completely written in C++, the core engine has the smallest footprint, yet the fastest speed of any other game engine, and is optimized for running on all kinds of the devices including low-end Android systems.